Vegetables, vegetables, vegetables; oh how I love them. This creamy, curry soup is stocked full of vegetables that will make your body very happy.
The trick to making this soup creamy without dairy is simply starting your soup base with blended potatoes and broccoli stems. Then add the other ingredients to simmer and cook thoroughly. Starting with such a flavorful base deepens the overall flavor of this recipe and makes this curry soup rich and satisfying.
- 2 small gold potatoes
- 4 broccoli stalks (with long stems)
- 1 onion
- 2 celery ribs
- 4 medium carrots
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms
- 1 apple
- 4 cups kale
- 2 cups broth (any kind you have)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp green curry paste
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Cut the potatoes and broccoli stems into desired size pieces. The smaller you cut them, the faster they will cook.
- Place them into a large pot with water to boil for 20 minutes.
- Cut the broccoli florets, onion, celery, carrots, mushrooms, and apple to desired size suitable for soup.
- When the potatoes and broccoli stems are soft, drain almost all the water from the pot, saving about 1/4 cup.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the potatoes and broccoli stems until smooth.
- Add the cut vegetables, kale, broth, coconut milk, curry paste, salt, and pepper to the pot.
- Let the soup simmer for 20 minutes over medium heat or until the vegetables are soft.
Variations:Help spread the word by sharing this article
Follow Experience Paleo to stay informed