Maybe it’s because we live in Texas, or maybe it’s because we love spicy food, but we make this Taco Salad quite often for quick, easy weeknight meals.
The salad often varies with whatever vegetables we have in the refrigerator and rotates depending on what’s in season, but the concept is the same every time.
If you prefer, leave the lettuce whole and make lettuce tacos instead of a salad.
Ingredients – Beef Taco:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
Ingredients – Salad:
- 1 head of lettuce (any variety)
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 cucumber
- 1 small apple
- 4 green onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 1 jalapeno
- hot sauce
- Heat the coconut oil in a large flat pan over medium heat.
- Slice the onions and mushrooms and add to the warmed pan.
- Season with garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add the ground beef and stir periodically until meat is fully cooked.
- While meat is cooking, cut the lettuce, cilantro, sugar snap peas, bell pepper, cucumber, apple, green onions and tomatoes for the salad.
- Mix salad and serve.
- Top the salad with avocado, jalapenos and your choice of hot sauce.
Serve with:Help spread the word by sharing this article
Follow Experience Paleo to stay informed