Ah, one-pot wonders. When all the ingredients can go into one pot, it cuts down on the prep time, cooking time, cleaning time and saves on storage afterwards.
The tender, spicy chicken mixed with the mushrooms is a wonderful dish that will warm your soul.
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 onion
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 8 chicken thighs (bone-in or boneless)
- 1 can rotel
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp camino
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Heat the ghee in a large pot over medium heat.
- While the ghee is melting, chop the onion, mushrooms, garlic and jalapeno pepper.
- Add the vegetables to the pot and sauté for 10 minutes or until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the chicken thighs to the pot and cook for 5 minutes.
- Open the can of rotel and add the tomatoes with the juice into the pot.
- Season with onion powder, garlic powder, camino, salt and pepper.
- Stir and let the pot simmer for 30 minutes.
Here are some ways to incorporate more vegetables.
- Add raw spinach or kale after you add the rotel
- Add chopped broccoli, green beans or asparagus at the same time you add the onions, mushrooms, garlic and jalapeno pepper