This is a burger – Paleo Style. It rivals some other gluten-loaded burgers out there. It’s packed with vegetables and doesn’t skimp on the traditional burger taste. The whole idea revolves around replacing the gluten-bun with a mushroom-bun, hence, “Shroomburger.”
You can enjoy backyard cookouts again without depriving yourself of a delicious burger.
- 1 pound 80/20 ground beef or ground chuck
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 8 portabella mushroom caps
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 fresh jalapeno
- Condiments: dill relish, yellow mustard and sugar-free ketchup
- Light the outside grill and let it heat up.
- In a medium bowl, mix the ground beef or chuck, salt, pepper and chili powder.
- Divide the meat mixture into four sections and mold into desired size patty.
- Place the burgers and mushroom caps on the grill over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, slice the lettuce, tomatoes, red onion and jalapeno.
- Once the burgers register about 135-145 degrees (medium to medium-well), remove the patties and mushroom caps.
- Build your burger to your liking and enjoy.