In a perfect world, for a perfect diet, we should eat roughly one-pound of salmon each week and these Salmon Patties will certainly help you reach that goal.
These Salmon Patties are great for quick weeknight dinners because they take less than 10 minutes…literally!
Salmon and Omega 3
Eating one-pound of salmon per week will provide your body with the right amount of Omega 3 fats and will ensure the Omega 3 to Omega 6 ratio remains well within healthy range. Most Americans eat very high amounts of Omega 6 fats and not enough Omega 3 fats to balance it out, which can become very toxic and dangerous for your body.
Omega 6 Foods
Omega 6 is found in very common foods, which is why most Americans ingest more Omega 6 than they should. This list below is ranked by food with the highest Omega 6 first.
- Vegetable Oils
- Poultry – Chicken and Turkey
- Certain Nuts and Seeds
- Sausage and Lunch Meat
- Pork Products
Omega 3 Foods
Chances are, you probably don’t consume enough Omega 3 to balance out the Omega 6. High values of Omega 6 will become highly toxic in the body and can lead to numerous health issues.
To be sure you balance your Omega 3 to 6 ratio, eat less of the above Omega 6 foods and more the Omega 3 foods listed below, which are also ranked with the highest Omega 3 first.
- Oily Fish – Salmon, Tuna, and Anchovies
- Avocado and Coconut Oils
- Chia Seeds, Flax Seeds, and Hemp Seeds
- Egg Yolks
- Ruminants – Beef, Lamb, Goat, Wild Game
- 2 cans salmon (I prefer this brand)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (1 tbsp dried)
- 1 tbsp flax seeds ground
- 2 tbsp almond meal or flour
- 1/4 tsp garlic and onion powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder and cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large, non-stick pan.
- Drop scoops of salmon mixture into the pan.
- Flatten them out and form circles for the patties.
- Cook about 3-5 minutes on each side or until they are browned.
Serve these Salmon Patties with these amazing, crunchy Kale Chips.