Okay, I know what you’re thinking…”Okra is so slimy.”
Well then, my friend, let me introduce you to the art of roasting. I assure you, these will not be slimy at all! With my simple trick, the okra comes out crispy and delicious.
Brace yourself…the trick is separating the slices on the pan and ensure all sides get cooked. Yup, that’s all! The oven and the avocado oil do the hard work.
So there you go, not only is it super simple, but it’s also the best way to get them crispy, tasty and never slimy.
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Additional spices (see Variations below)
- 1.5 lbs okra
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- While oven is heating, cut the okra into desired size. Smaller pieces will crisp up nicely.
- Place them into a gallon zip-lock bag along with the avocado oil, salt, pepper, and any additional spices into the bag and secure it closed. See the Variations below.
- Shake the bag until the slices are evenly coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the sliced okra out evenly.
- Roast them in the oven for 30 minutes or until they’re toasted and crispy.
Add any spices you like. Below is a list of our favorites:
- lemon juice
- chili powder
- smoked paprika
Follow Experience Paleo to stay informed