If you’ve never tried roasted crispy broccoli then you are missing out on my favorite and best way to eat broccoli.
Roasting completely changes the flavor of vegetables. With roasted crispy broccoli, the difference is huge. This recipe creates a crisp, slightly sweet flavor that will certainly surprise you.
Roasted Crispy Broccoli
- 3-4 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Additional spices (see Variations below)
- 5 heads of broccoli
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- While oven is heating, cut the broccoli.
- Add cut broccoli, avocado oil, salt, pepper, and any additional spices into a gallon zip-lock bag and secure it closed.
- Shake the bag until the broccoli is evenly coated with the oil and spices.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the broccoli out evenly.
- Roast in the oven for 30-45 minutes or until the broccoli is crispy.
You can add any spices you like, but here are some of my favorites:
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
Not sure what else to do with Broccoli? Check out this thick and creamy Broccoli Soup made completely dairy-free.