Roasting is my favorite way to cook vegetables. It’s fast, it can work with almost any vegetable, it doesn’t need any hands-on time once in the oven, and it’s easy to clean-up (especially if you use parchment paper).
If you’re rushed in the evenings, roasting is the best way to prepare home cooked meals and have time for other things. To make it even easier, place some seasoned chicken or pork chops on a second pan and cook your protein in the oven too with your vegetables.
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 4 cups brussels sprouts
- 10 small red new potatoes
- 16 oz baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- While oven is heating, cut the brussels sprouts, potatoes, and mushrooms.
- Add the cut vegetables, avocado oil, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper into a gallon ziplock bag and secure it closed.
- Shake the bag until the vegetables are evenly coated with the oil and spices.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the vegetables out evenly.
- Roast in the oven for 30-45 minutes or until the vegetables are done.
Experiment with lots of other vegetables and spices.
Check out some other vegetables that are great for roasting.Help spread the word by sharing this article
Follow Experience Paleo to stay informed