Absolutely the best dairy-free, Paleo ranch dressing you will ever make; you will be licking the bowl. Homemade ranch dressing is so much better than anything you can find at the store. Its fresh taste is attributed by the natural ingredients and the flavor is unparalleled by anything commercially produced. Once you realize how easy it is, you will never buy it again.
Its very important to pour the oil in slowly – think roughly 1 tablespoon per 30 seconds, which means that you’re pouring the full amount of oil over about 3 minutes. Yeah, that slow. The basic principle of mayo is the emulsion of lemon juice and oil, with the egg as the thickener. The slower you pour, the more emulsion time you have with the lemon juice.
In this recipe, I use an immersion blender to mix the ingredients together. If you don’t have one, you can also use a small food processor. I don’t recommend making it by hand, although you most certainly can, it is too much work.
If you plan on following a Paleo diet, however, I recommend buying this immersion blender. I use it so much and it’s easier to clean than the food processor.
Makes 1 cup dressing
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp yellow mustard
- 2/3 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a thin, tall container, wide enough to fit an immersion blender, add the egg, lemon juice and mustard.
- With the immersion blender on high and close to the bottom, blend the ingredients.
- Very slowly, add the avocado oil into the container. It will thicken as you add more oil into the mixture.
- Once the mixture is thick, add the coconut milk, parsley, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Blend until combined well and enjoy.
- Store in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Replace dried dill, parsley and onion powder with:
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped dill
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped chives