This pressure cooker cabbage recipe amazes me every time. Anything that cooks in 10 minutes or less deserves a gold medal. I’m not joking either, in 10 minutes, this cabbage is completely tender, falling apart, and ready to eat.
I prefer to use my Instant Pot for all my pressure cooker recipes. It’s so easy to use, clean and store.
The very important ingredient in this pressure cooker cabbage recipe, besides the cabbage, is the liquid. Feel free to use either water or broth in this recipe, but the broth provides more intense flavor. The high pressure created inside the Instant Pot forces the liquid into the cabbage, which is the main reason it cooks so quickly and turns out so tender after only 10 minutes.
It’s like magic! I love it.
- Cut the cabbage into eighths and place them in your pressure cooker or Instant Pot.
- Add the broth, or water if you choose.
- Drizzle the avocado oil over the cabbage and sprinkle with turmeric and salt.
- Cook the cabbage under high pressure for 10 minutes. The timer starts once the pressure cooker reaches high pressure.
- Release the pressure and remove the cabbage.
Variation Spicy Cabbage:
- 1 head cabbage
- 3/4 cup broth or water
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
More Cabbage Recipes
This Baked Cabbage requires a longer cooking time, but the buttery flavor is pure indulgence.
Check out this Cabbage Stir Fry for a quick, filling weeknight side dish.
The slight char of this Roasted Cabbage brings out the natural sweetness. Enjoy at your own risk. Often times the whole head of cabbage disappears with our family of three!