Everything is better when its homemade! This nut milk tastes amazing and is half the price of other nut milks found at local grocery stores.
Nothing is wasted in the process of making this nut milk. Simply roast the fine, ground nuts leftover on the cheese cloth and use it for almond meal or almond flour, depending on the fineness.
Have nut allergies? Now worries, check out my nut-free Hemp Milk recipe. No cheese cloth or straining required so this recipe is even easier.
- 1 cup nuts like almonds or cashews
- filtered water
- Soak nuts in filtered water for 12-24 hours.
- Rinse nuts and place them in a blender with 4 cups of filtered water.
- Blend about 1-2 minutes, or until smooth.
- Strain the blended nuts through a colander lined with cheese cloth into a mason jar below.
- Store nut milk in the refrigerator for a week to 10 days.
For those select few with nut allergies, check out my Hemp Milk recipe made with hemp seeds.