I’m a pretty lazy chopper and my husband hates it when I don’t cut the vegetables small enough. After using the food processor to do all the chopping, I realized this is the best way to get a meatloaf in half the time, with great texture and it passes my husband’s inspection.
- 1 small onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 yellow squash
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 can of diced tomatoes, no sugar added
- 1/2 cup of almond meal
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using the food processor, fitted with the chopping blade, chop the onion, carrots, squash, bell pepper and garlic.
- Empty the mixture into a fine strainer, and use a spatula to squeeze out any remaining liquid.
- Add the drained vegetables to a medium size bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the ground beef, egg, tomatoes and almond meal.
- Mix all the ingredients together by hand to ensure the meat and vegetables are well combined.
- Divide the mixture equally between two 9”x 4.5” loaf pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the meatloaf has pulled away from the sides and the top has browned.