I’m a pretty lazy chopper and my husband hates it when I don’t cut the vegetables small enough. After using the food processor to do all the chopping, I realized this is the best way to get a meatloaf in half the time, with great texture and it passes my husband’s inspection.
- 1 small onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 yellow squash
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 can of diced tomatoes, no sugar added
- 1/2 cup of almond meal
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using the food processor, fitted with the chopping blade, chop the onion, carrots, squash, bell pepper and garlic.
- Empty the mixture into a fine strainer, and use a spatula to squeeze out any remaining liquid.
- Add the drained vegetables to a medium size bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the ground beef, egg, tomatoes and almond meal.
- Mix all the ingredients together by hand to ensure the meat and vegetables are well combined.
- Divide the mixture equally between two 9”x 4.5” loaf pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the meatloaf has pulled away from the sides and the top has browned.
Help spread the word by sharing this article
Follow Experience Paleo to stay informed