This Green Eggs and Ham recipe provides a fun start of the day.
Do you like Green eggs and ham?
I do! I like them, Sam-I-am!
This recipe is one of my favorites for the weekend. We usually have quite a spread on the weekends – Sunday for sure. We sleep in, lounge around in our jammies, and make a delicious breakfast, different from the typical work-week.
- 4 small red potatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 package of sugar-free bacon
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 8 cups of fresh spinach
- 1 tsp ghee
- 8 eggs
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, fitted with the shredder attachment, shred the red potatoes.
- Place the shredded potatoes in a strainer, sprinkle with salt and allow to drain. The salt draws the moisture out of the potatoes. This will keep the potatoes crispy without drowning them in oil.
- While the potatoes are draining, cook the bacon in the oven for 30 minutes on a cookie sheet, fitted with a wire rack. The wire rack is not necessary; it allows the bacon fat to drip to the pan below and keep the bacon crisp.
- Heat 1 tbsp of avocado oil in a large, flat pan over medium heat and sauté the spinach until wilted.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of avocado oil in the same pan and add the drained potatoes.
- Cook the potatoes for 10 minutes on one side. Flip and continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Finally, cook the eggs any style. We usually fry our eggs, over easy, in ghee.
- Layer a quarter of the potato cake with the eggs and spinach and top with some salsa, if desired. Serve bacon on the side.
Serving a crowd?
This Egg Casserole is super simple and makes 8 servings.
Replace the potato cake with these delicious Paleo Pancakes.