This egg and vegetable scramble gives me the energy I need to get going in the mornings and holds me over until lunch. The eggs provide enough protein to get my body energized and moving, while the complex carbohydrates and fat from the starchy vegetables and avocado help give me energy and keep me full until lunch. Put everything together and it becomes a fully-rounded, filling breakfast.
Depending on what vegetables I have on hand, my omelet changes everyday, but usually follows the same pattern.
- 2 tsp ghee
- 1 cup frozen spinach or other leftover vegetables
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 small ripe avocado
- 2 tsp hot sauce of choice; I like using Frank’s RedHot Hot Sauce
- Heat ghee in a small, non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add the vegetables.
- Scramble the eggs, coconut milk, salt, and pepper and add it to the pan.
- Let the eggs cook, stirring occasionally, until the egg scramble is done.
- Top with sliced avocado and hot sauce.
Check out this spicy Mexican Omelet to give your morning a little kick.