Whether you’re hauling kids to soccer practice, working late or just have errands to run, when you finally walk through that door, exhausted, there is a fully cooked meal ready for you.
It’s like having a fairy godmother. Yeah, I said it; sometimes moms need a break too.
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 pound chuck roast or sirloin roast
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 medium turnips
- 2 medium rutabagas
- 6 carrots
- 2 onions
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Heat the ghee in a flat pan over medium-high heat.
- Place the roast into the pan and sear for 5-8 minutes.
- Flip the roast to the other side and sear for another 5-8 minutes.
- Place the roast in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Roughly cut the potatoes, turnips, rutabagas, carrots and onions to desired size. Larger pieces hold up better with the long cooking time.
- Place the vegetables on top of the roast.
- Add 1/4 cup of water.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on high for 6 hours.