This bread is completely dairy-free, gluten-free and sugar-free, as long as you find dried cranberries without sugar. I have a difficult time finding sugar-free dried cranberries, so I dried fresh cranberries using my dehydrator. Substituting fresh cranberries is perfectly acceptable too.
The recipe makes one large loaf; however, these make great Christmas gifts. If you buy the small bread loaf pans, this recipe fills three of them to the right size and shape suitable for gifts. I found that making four loaves, resulted in loaves that were too flat and looked unappealing.
Makes 1 Loaf
- 3/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup ghee, additional to coat the bread pan
- 2 cups dried cranberries (check for sugar on the ingredients)
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flours, arrowroot, flax seeds, baking powder and baking soda in a medium bowl and mix completely.
- Add the eggs, cider vinegar and ghee and mix with a spatula until smooth and no clumps remain in the mixture.
- Stir in the cranberries and walnuts (optional).
- Pour into a bread pan, coated with ghee, or 3 small coated baking pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the bread comes out clean and the tops are slightly brown.
These recipes are also great as gifts too.