These spicy chicken wings are completely sugar-free and not fried at all. The smokiness of the grill, paired with the spicy sauce creates a flavor explosion in your mouth. You can’t live without them.
Josh first created the recipe while we lived in Arizona for a friend’s party. Everyone loved them! From that point on, every time they had a party, they always asked Josh to make them. Forget ever ordering these from a restaurant, which are battered, double fried and served with more unhealthy sides. This recipe tastes so much better and is a million times healthier.
The first, and most important, ingredient is Frank’s Original Red Hot Sauce. Frank’s flavorful, sugar-free hot sauce makes this recipe a home run. Make sure to grab the original because the other flavors have some non Paleo-approved ingredients.
The second important ingredient is the smokey flavor. Chicken takes on different flavors depending on cooking method. We found that chicken tastes its best when grilled. Grilling the wings in this recipe, gives them a crispy texture and a smoky note that complements the sauce and creates a delicious combination.
Makes 2 pounds
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup Frank’s Original Red Hot Sauce
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- Melt the ghee in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add the crushed garlic cloves and sauté for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the hot sauce and let simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, season the chicken wings with salt and pepper.
- Grill over high heat until wings are done or until a meat thermometer registers 165-degrees.
- Place the wings in a large bowl and pour the hot sauce mixture over them.
- Stir the wings around to ensure they are all evenly coated.
Dip your chicken in this homemade, Paleo Ranch Dressing.Help spread the word by sharing this article
Follow Experience Paleo to stay informed