My husband and I love this recipe because the cauliflower looks and tastes like mashed potatoes. Plus, the cauliflower contains a whole lot more nutrients.
- 1 cauliflower head
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 tsp chives
- Cut the cauliflower and place it in a medium pot, fitted with a steamer basket. Fill the pot with water until the water level reaches the bottom of the steamer basket.
- Steam for 25 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft.
- Remove the water and steamer basket from the pot, and add the ghee, coconut milk, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne pepper (optional) to the cooked cauliflower.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the cauliflower and spices until the mixture is smooth.
- Garnish with chives and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Serve immediately.
Replace Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes anywhere you would use white potatoes.
It’s also my all-time favorite side for Meatloaf.Help spread the word by sharing this article
Follow Experience Paleo to stay informed