This recipe is my Paleo version of the traditional Mexican dish. The traditional recipe contains cheese, but you don’t need the cheese to enjoy the rich and spicy flavors of this dish. It is a great, quick vegetable to add to your weeknight meals.
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 large onion
- 6 squash, yellow or green
- 1 can rotel
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro for garnish
- Heat the ghee in a large pot over medium heat.
- Slice onion and squash and add them to the pot.
- Add the can of rotel with the juice, salt and pepper and stir.
- Simmer covered for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the squash is soft.
- Garnish with cilantro.
Grilled Pork Chops are a simple protein to pair with this squash recipe. Plus, there’s no clean-up when you grill.Help spread the word by sharing this article
Follow Experience Paleo to stay informed