This dish is a fully rounded vegetable dish. I like to use broccoli to give it some green color, but cauliflower works wonderfully as well. This is also a wonderful pre-workout snack because of the complex carbohydrates.
- 1 large butternut squash
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 head broccoli/cauliflower
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- Peel and dice the butternut squash and garlic cloves.
- Cut the potatoes and broccoli/cauliflower to desired size. Place the vegetables in a large pot, fill with water and boil for 20 minutes.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of the boiling water in a medium-sized bowl for later. Drain the vegetables and place into a casserole dish. You can save the boiled water in a closed container and use it later as a great vegetable broth.
- Take 2 cups of the vegetables and add it to the bowl with the boiled water. Add the ghee, coconut milk, salt and pepper.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the mixture until smooth.
- Scoop the blended mixture into the casserole dish and stir to combine.
- Scramble the egg in a small bowl and pour over the top of the casserole.
- Place the casserole under the broiler until the top looks brown and slightly crisp.
For an alternative casserole, try my Shepard’s pie, which is loaded with vegetables too.Help spread the word by sharing this article
Follow Experience Paleo to stay informed