This nourishing, creamy broccoli soup is made completely dairy-free by using a sweet potato and jicama base, which naturally thickens this soup. The jicama lowers the calories and carbohydrates per serving and it also increases the fiber. If you don’t have a jicama on hand, feel free to substitute another sweet potato. The creamy texture will remain the same.
This soup is so simple it has quickly become a go-to meal when in a hurry and pressed for time. It’s the perfect weeknight meal.
- 1 onion
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 medium jicama
- 4 heads of broccoli
- 4 cups sugar-free chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 can coconut milk
- Garnish: green onions
- Garnish: jalapenos
- Garnish: smoked paprika
- Dice the onion, sweet potato, jicama, and broccoli. Size doesn’t matter, but smaller ones will cook faster.
- Add the cut vegetables and sugar-free chicken broth to a large pot over high heat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Let the vegetables boil until soft and the broth has reduced slightly.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the vegetables until you have a nice smooth texture.
- Add the can of coconut milk and stir to combine.
- Garnish with green onions, jalapenos, and a dash of smoked paprika (optional).
Slice up your choice of cooked meat and mix into this soup for added protein.
Pairs wonderfully with these Biscuits.Help spread the word by sharing this article
Follow Experience Paleo to stay informed