This nourishing, creamy broccoli soup is made completely dairy-free by using a sweet potato and jicama base, which naturally thickens this soup. The jicama lowers the calories and carbohydrates per serving and it also increases the fiber. If you don’t have a jicama on hand, feel free to substitute another sweet potato. The creamy texture will remain the same.
This soup is so simple it has quickly become a go-to meal when in a hurry and pressed for time. It’s the perfect weeknight meal.
- 1 onion
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 medium jicama
- 4 heads of broccoli
- 4 cups sugar-free chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 can coconut milk
- Garnish: green onions
- Garnish: jalapenos
- Garnish: smoked paprika
- Dice the onion, sweet potato, jicama, and broccoli. Size doesn’t matter, but smaller ones will cook faster.
- Add the cut vegetables and sugar-free chicken broth to a large pot over high heat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Let the vegetables boil until soft and the broth has reduced slightly.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the vegetables until you have a nice smooth texture.
- Add the can of coconut milk and stir to combine.
- Garnish with green onions, jalapenos, and a dash of smoked paprika (optional).
Slice up your choice of cooked meat and mix into this soup for added protein.
Pairs wonderfully with these Biscuits.