These blueberry muffins are the perfect balance between sweet fruit and savory dough. This Paleo version, made with a mixture of gluten-free flours, is a great breakfast muffin or a nice snack. My husband breaks up the muffins and eats them in his Dairy-Free Ice Cream…yum!
makes 12 muffins
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 12 ounces fresh blueberries
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the eggs, coconut oil, water, lemon juice, vinegar and salt in a large bowl and whisk the ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the three flours, flax seeds, nutmeg and baking soda.
- Add the dry, flour mixture into the wet ingredients, and mix until the dry mixture is fully incorporated with the wet.
- Finally, add the fresh blueberries and stir slightly only to combine. You don’t want to mash the blueberries.
- Scoop muffin mixture into lined muffin tins or into Silicone Baking Rings.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
Also check out this amazing Blueberry Crumble.