Heading to the beach this summer? This Beach Burger is a great menu item to add to your beach packing list.
Ever feel like anything you eat on the beach is served with a side of sand?
I’ve been there. As I stack my burger with lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles, and other great toppings, half of it blows away before I can take the first bite. Nothing like sandy pickles and tomatoes to add that special crunch.
The greatest thing about this burger is that it’s INSIDE-OUT. All the typical toppings are cooked right into the burger making is super simple to eat on the beach.
Simply take the burger off the grill, slap it on some romaine or butter leaf lettuce and enjoy.
You could also top the burger with some yellow mustard and eat it just like that. Yes, very barbaric of me, but so delicious. Not a single grain of sand.
- 4 strips sugar-free bacon
- 2 small onions
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 jalapeños
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 lbs ground beef
- Chop the raw bacon and place them into a large, flat pan over medium-high heat.
- Chop the onions, mushrooms, bell pepper, and jalapenos and add to the pan with the bacon.
- Add the salt, pepper, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Once the vegetables are soft, allow them to cool to room temperature.
- Mix the cooled vegetables with the ground beef and form into patties.
- Grill the burgers as desired and serve with lettuce, tomatoes, mustard and sugar-free ketchup.
Want more beach food?