Baba Ghanoush is a wonderful, family favorite made with roasted eggplant and blended with tahini and other spices to make a delicious tasting dip. However, this Baba Ghanoush is so much more than a dip. You can also use it for:
- salad dressing
- stuffing chicken breasts
- topping for any cooked vegetable
Overall, this Baba Ghanoush dip is very easy to make and I guarantee you will find more applications for it. Please comment below if you have other great ways to enjoy Baba Ghanoush.
Makes 2 cups
- 2 large eggplants
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- While the oven is heating, cut the skin off the eggplant. Cut the eggplant into pieces.
- Roast the eggplant on a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper, for 30 minutes or until pieces are cooked through and soft. Remove and let cool.
- Add the roasted eggplant, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, chili powder, cumin and salt in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Scoop the dip into a bowl. Garnish with olive oil, cayenne pepper and sesame seeds.
- Store in a closed container in the refrigerator for a week.
Any vegetable or these crunchy Paleo Crackers.