Baba Ghanoush is a wonderful, family favorite dip made with roasted eggplant, tahini, olive oil, and spices blended together to make a delicious tasting dip.
More Than a Dip
Baba Ghanoush is traditionally served as a dip, but with a little creativity, it can be so much more than that.
You can also use it for:
- Salad Dressing
- Stuffing for Chicken or Pork
- Topping for Cooked Vegetables
- Topping for Burgers
This recipe is so easy to make too!
I guarantee you’ll find more applications for it.
Makes 2 cups
- 2 large eggplants
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- While the oven is heating, cut the skin off the eggplant. Cut the eggplant into pieces.
- Roast the eggplant on a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper, for 30 minutes or until pieces are cooked through and soft. Remove and let cool.
- Add the roasted eggplant, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, chili powder, cumin and salt in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Scoop the dip into a bowl. Garnish with olive oil, cayenne pepper and sesame seeds.
- Store in a closed container in the refrigerator for a week.
Great Meal Companion
No dip is complete without something to dip!
Simply slice up some vegetables like carrots, celery, broccoli, or bell peppers and get dippin.
These Paleo Crackers are amazing too.
Test the Recipe then Let Me Know
How did you like the Baba Ghanoush?
How did you serve it?
Did you come up with another way to use it?
Hope you enjoyed it! Comment below and let me know.