These asparagus poppers are a party favorite! Especially when you serve them with Homemade Ranch Dressing. If you could add a single ingredient to a recipe that would take a simple vegetable, like asparagus, and make it into gold, it would be…(drum roll)…BACON.
Yes, please; especially grilled with a light char.
There’s something amazing about the saltiness in bacon mixed with the slight sweetness of the asparagus that makes these asparagus poppers…POP!
- 3 bunches of asparagus
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 package of sugar-free bacon
- Cut the tough bottoms off the asparagus.
- In a large zip-lock bag, combine the asparagus, oil, salt, pepper and, if desired, a spice combination below.
- Secure the bag closed and shake the asparagus until they are evenly coated with oil and spices.
- Remove the bacon from the package and cut them in half.
- Wrap the bacon around 4-6 asparagus stalks, like a ribbon.
- Continue this process for all asparagus and bacon.
- Grill the asparagus over medium-high heat until the bacon is fully cooked.
Spice Combination – Spicy Poppers:
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Spice Combination – Fresh Poppers:
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
Top off the party menu with these finger-licking, spicy Chicken Wings. Be sure to check out the recipe because I have two tricks that make these wings A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
Also, be sure to check out my Homemade Ranch Dressing made completely Paleo.