Asian food can be Paleo too! These Asian Lettuce Cups are great when you’re craving P.F. Chang’s lettuce wraps, but these are a quarter of the calories.
Not to mention this recipe provides a more nutritious profile with the hidden veggies within the mix.
Don’t give up on Asian meals just because you’re Paleo and can’t have Soy Sauce.
You don’t have to avoid Asian restaurants either! Simply pour a little of the Soy-Free Soy Sauce in a small container with a tight-fitting lid and bring it with you. Ask for all food to be prepared without sauce, then add your own when the food arrives.
I do this when I go out for Sushi and no one ever notices.
Asian Lettuce Cups
- 2 tbsp. ghee
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 head of cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp. Soy-Free Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 lbs ground meat of choice
- 1 head of bibb lettuce
- 4 green onions
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Heat the ghee in a large, flat-bottom pan over medium-high heat.
- Dice the onion, cabbage, bell pepper, mushrooms, and garlic and add them to the pan.
- Next, peel and chop the fresh ginger.
- Add the ginger along with the Soy-Free Soy Sauce and fish sauce to the pan.
- Finally, add the ground meat and continue cooking until the meat is cooked through.
- Scoop into the bibb lettuce cups and garnish with chopped green onions.
Optional Meal Prep:
Dice the onion, cabbage, bell pepper, mushrooms, and garlic ahead of time. Simply store the vegetables in a Ziploc bag until needed.
Not only does this save time, but it also reduces clean-up the day of.